Home - Gallery - Archive - Contact Us
Previous | Main | Next
Please place your seats and traytables in their upright and locked positions

Okay, so here's the story of the love of my life...

Melissa and I heard about each other from a mutual friend. On September 14, 2004, I sent the first email - our first direct contact. I was immediately interested in every aspect of her. We began to realize that we had a lot in common. I rushed home every day from school just to see if she'd written yet.

Day 6 - September 19. We had been exchanging emails for a few days and I'd already felt comfortable enough to share my "find" with Pat. I remember that he mentioned that he thought she sounded interesting and wanted to meet her. I called her in the afternoon; she called me back that night.

Longest. Phone. Call. Ever. For me, at least. Usually I'm in bed by 10:00 before a school night, especially on a Sunday. She called at around 8:00 and we talked for 3 1/2 hours. There was never a dull moment or awkward silence. I was totally hooked already, and I didn't know it yet. The mutual friend had made a date for us the next Saturday, the 25th. We weren't able to wait that long. We talked every night that week, and from then on. I am still not able to go to sleep until I have said, "Good Night" to her.

Day 9 - September 22. Our "first date". We were supposed to have a date that Saturday (the 25th) but really couldn't wait that long. We both had Wednesday available and decided to go out that night. I wasn't able to concentrate on anything all day long - I was so excited for dinner that night in Santa Cruz. Melissa had cheated and come to this very website to look for my picture earlier in the day. Perhaps out of guilt, she sent a couple of pictures via email. I tried to avoid seeing them, but in the end, curiosity got the better of me.

We met in front of Taqueria Vallarta in Santa Cruz and then had dinner at the Falafel House. We walked around the Downtown area for a while and finally settled in an Italian dessert shop. We chatted it up the entire night and found ourselves in the bar at the Palomar Inn.

That was it, folks. Nine days and I was in love. We "joked" that first night about driving to Las Vegas and getting married. We confided in each other later that we would have made the trip to Vegas but weren't sure how serious the other was. We have been inseparable ever since that first date. I drove up the next night (day 10) just to have dinner during her two hour break before class at De Anza College.

Day 26 - October 9. Melissa and I drove up to Berkeley for the weekend, so that she could show me the campus, her alma mater. We spent the whole day sight-seeing and checking out little shops all along the streets. One of the little shops that we visited was an Indian boutique called Kathmandu. While looking at jewelry, we decided to purchase matching silver/tourquoise rings. Barely one block from the store, I stopped her in the middle of the sidewalk and asked her to be my wife.

I already knew her answer. Still, my heart swelled up when she said, "Yes."

There you have it, our dating story. It may not be that long, but it has a happy ending.

February 14, 2005 - Rome, Italy.

Happy Couple

Posted by dennis @ 09:29 PM | Comments (3)
Previous | Main | Next | Top | Copyright @ 2004, Stufflife